The art of the pin up pose is a form of making love. The best parts of the body are emphasized in a sultry, classy, playful way. The arched back, the long leg look with legs positioned off to the side or above the body, the coquettish bend to show off the backside or the opps.. my girls just wanted to say hello pose are all popular looks of the pin-up model. The pin-up facial expressions are the cherry on top. Pin-Ups are all about facial expression & personality. What’s your pin-up personality? Classy and sexy? Cute and playful? Tough but smoldering? Hot home goddess? Temptress secretary? Find your look by spending some real time in front of the mirror finding out what expressions are best for you. Pull out all your sexy gear such as stockings, corsets, lacy undergarments, garter belts, heels, sexy robes plus whatever else you have that will play well in front of the camera. Practice your poses and facial expressions in front of your mirror for a more productive pin-up photo shoot.
Here’s a few tips that will help you perfect your pin-up look:
- Point your toes! If you remember to arch your ankles, your legs will look longer and toned.
- When posing, try to keep your tongue firmly glued to the roof of your mouth. This will slim your face, and cut down on the double chin.
- Create lots of angles with your body without pointing a joint to the camera. Never point elbows or knees directly to the camera. Instead create angles where these joints are pointing away from the camera.
- Don’t be afraid to ham it up! Those silly pics are sometimes the best shots.
- Finger nails! Yes, girls have shown up with peeling polish and broken acrylics. NO-NO! Have well trimmed and shaped toenails and fingernails, trim and moisturize those cuticles! Don’t make the photo editor work overtime on sections that you could have easily taken care of.
- Make sure your bikini line has been groomed and not neglected. Photoshop will make sure it looks perfect so long as you help by trimming and shaping. Sounds easy enough, but sometimes some girls do forget… don’t let it be you!
- A great tip I found on a pin-up tip site: If you have less than toned thighs, a good trick is to find some completely sheer “sheer to waist” pantyhose as a foundation. (Make sure they are not control top! A good choice- Sheer Energy Sheer to Waist- they have the green stripe on the box.) The pantyhose will make your legs looks great, and then you can pull the stockings over them to have the stocking look with toned upper thigh.
- Make every shoot a quality shoot! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT party the night before. So many things will go wrong. Your skin will look dehydrated and uneven, your eyes won’t be bright and shiny, your hair will be dull and self medicating is not an option. Take every shoot seriously. Many people invest their time, energy and talents to make you look great so please respect them by respecting yourself!
Oak Tree Vintage wants to make sure you always look your best by providing you with great tips and suggestions. Do you have any tips you’d like to share? Join Oak Tree Vintage and post your tips now!